Senior Business Analyst
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for a contract opportunity in the North Chicagoland area.
- Work with the Business to identify requirements and think critically about what will make it successful; write user stories that effectively communicate the Business' requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams.
- Attend and lead Business stakeholder meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios and validate results.
- Create deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, mockups and functional prototypes to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations.
- Advocate on behalf of Business to IT, and advocate on behalf of IT to Business.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on a variety of packages and custom business applications including User Experience best practices.
- Go beyond just reading and understanding information, to making sense of it, and finding patterns for improvement.
- Support business applications. Troubleshoot and resolve applications issues.
The Business Analyst enables change by working with our Business to define their needs and working with our Technology Services teams to recommend solutions. The Business Analyst is responsible for collecting and documenting business requirements from various business teams and provides written functional requirements for various technology teams. This key role is the liaison between business teams and technology teams.
The primary responsibilities of this role include working with stakeholders to understand their business and technical requirements, building and managing the product backlog, and successfully leading agile projects through their respective life-cycles. The Business Analyst must be comfortable managing and driving the requirements-gathering phase of technology projects. The Business Analyst will also be needed to sometimes provide second-tier technology applications support and application reporting.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Business Analysis
|Location||Des Plaines, IL|
|Workload||40 hours/week , 100% onsite|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||Open|
|Necessary skills||Agile, Analyst, Business, SQL, SSRS|