Packaging Development Engineer
Essential duties and responsibilities
The Packaging Development Project Contractor is an expert in packaging development from idealization through implementation. He/she supports the Platform Development Manager by leading key initiatives for the Brand.
Project management: He/she:
- Challenges preliminary studies requested by Marketing and consolidates technical/economic feasibility of these studies conducted by Plant technologists
- Develops packaging with chosen suppliers. Partners closely with purchasing and engineering through the optimization of pack designs.
- Creates specifications and inputs them into systems
- Tests and qualifies materials on equipment (existing or new)
- Based on his/her knowledge of packaging, he/she can facilitate cross-communication of good practices to improve quality/cost/performance.
- Works directly with Platform development, Marketing, purchasing and finance to ensure value added solutions
Continuous improvement: He/she:
- Provides expertise regarding new development in packaging processes and material and recommends, manages and /or executes projects within operations to improve quality, reduce the costs of production, and contribute to an efficient Supply Chain.
- Bachelor or Master degree in-Packaging technology (Engineer level) with 5+ years' experience in packaging development in close cooperation with marketing and/or operations in food industry.
- End to end project management experience required. (Idealization to supplier identification and prototyping, to commercialization including financial viability)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, continuous improvement, Six Sigma or an equivalent is preferred
- food and beverage industry, corrugated packaging
|Workload||40 hours/week , 100% onsite|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||2020-12-31|
|Necessary skills||Development, ENGINEER, PACKAGING, Project, communication|
In order to ask a question about a project, you need to create an account on OnsiterCreate account