Java Backend developer
The client is building products for the credit/information market, and are now looking for a Backend developer to expand their team short term.
Purpose of the job:
Working on development and support of key data management components of the system. Improving data management and data flow monitoring techniques used.
• Working on design and implementation of business-critical data storage components.
• Implementation of security and data protection.
• Support existing solutions
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server-side logic
• Work in the scope of set up development flow
• Taking part in peer code reviews
Competence & Skills
• Absolute fluency and proficiency in Java 8+
• Clear understanding of OOP/OOD principles. Awareness of Software Design Patterns
• Experience with Databases:
-Rich experience with Elasticsearch
• Experience with Spring:
-Must have: Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JDBC Template, REST Template, Spring Test
-Clear understanding of major RDBMS concepts. Experience with SQL. Experience in MySQL would be plus
-Experience with NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, DynamoDB
-Nice to have: Spring web Flux, Spring AOP, Spring Cloud, Spring REST Docs
• Experience in applying and fine tuning inexact/full-text text searching algorithms is much appreciated.
• Experience in Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes
• Clear understanding of TDD, CI/CD principles.
• Software testing using JUnit/TestNg, Mockito, REST Assured
• Microservice design principles
• Clear understanding of RESTful services design principles, HTTP 1.1
• Expert user of modern development tools: IDE (JetBrains IDEA is preferable), Profilers, VCS
• Confident Linux command line user. Basic shell Scripting experience
• Experience in Akka, using of Akka Kafka Streams, Akka persistence and event sourcing
• Apache Kafka experience, experience in fine tuning would be plus
• Experience in developing extended Gradle build scripts would be a plus
• Experience in configuring and working with TeamCity would be a plus
|Workload||40 hours/week , 100% onsite|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||OPEN|
|Necessary skills||Elasticsearch, Java, REST, Spring|