Infrastructure Project Manager
A global manufacturing firm is actively seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager to lead and ensure execution of infrastructure. The Infrastructure Project Manager will deliver from Design to Production: applications, new technologies, and processes, for various work streams globally. Seeking individuals who have worked on Infrastructure rollouts such as: Network deployments, DC moves, IP phone rollouts, Server migrations, Large application deployments, and new technology implementations. Enterprise level experience is desired. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Accountable for overall success of infrastructure programs
- Experience in all phases of project lifecycle from developing scope through implementation and closure. This includes working with Architecture to ensure that the design is following Standards. It also means working with the operational teams to ensure that they can run and support the new solution.
- Work with various Business work streams to clearly identify infrastructure, application and technical requirements
- Maintain IT's strategy and methodology while working with infrastructure SMEs on delivering short term and long term solutions to Business requirements
- The ability to work in a fast paced, end-user focused environment while maintaining a deep level of understanding of the system architecture
- Troubleshoot various application and infrastructure issues including Business process related concerns
- Track monitor and coordinate resolution of risks and issues impacting project deliverables.
- Accountable for budget and tracking costs through the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for securing funding and cutting PO's to purchase resources, hardware, and other elements.
- Escalate and elevate risks to the program when appropriate
- Manage cross functional, multinational, multivendor teams for developing and troubleshooting solutions to business requirements. Must be able to drive vendors and keep work moving.
- Assures timely delivery of relevant information to the vendors
- Assures transparent cooperation between the vendors
- 3-5 years as a Project Manager working with large Infrastructure projects
- Background as an Engineer in Voice, Network, Application Development or Hosting prior to taking on a PM roll is helpful
- Strong leadership and high sense of accountability
- The ability to work in a management capacity and a deep level of understanding of technical infrastructure including Hosting Services, WAN, LAN, Citrix, File Sharing
- Extensive direct experience managing people across large, complex teams - leading across geographically and culturally diverse locations
- Demonstrated understanding of and influencing of business and IT strategy
- Self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
- An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential
- Deep technical understanding of system architecture
- Previous experience working large complex Infrastructure projects: Desktop upgrades, Voice or Network upgrades, Data Center moves etc.
- Experience training users, rolling out new functionality, and integration with conferencing room phones, screens.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and voice integration.
- Experience training a new user community on Teams.
- Experience and understanding of issues deploying teams globally
- Deep and creative problem solving
- Strong administration, reporting, financial, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
|Workload||40 hours/week , 100% onsite|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||OPEN|
|Necessary skills||Infrastructure, Management, Microsoft, Network, Troubleshooting|