Human Factors Engineer - Round Lake, IL
- With minimal supervision, leads human factors engineering work and research.
- These tasks provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, techniques, theories, standard operating procedures, policies and projects.
- Designing and executing tests to simulate product use for verifying and validating product performance, reliability, and usability.
- Actively participate on device program teams to ensure sound human factors principles are considered and implemented.
- Create and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines. This includes reporting pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications.
- In partnership with other R&D teams, develop product prototypes to explore and validate user interfaces and demonstration prototype
- Participate in efforts to develop process and procedures that align to company initiatives and relevant human factors standards.
- Provide technical supervision to less experienced human factors engineers.
- Demonstrated understanding of user centered design, heuristic evaluations, design of experiments, and statistical analysis.verbally and in written form
- Understanding of HFE principles in ergonomics, human computer /machine interface, and data collection / analysis methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for human factors engineering projects.
- Capable of handling moderately complex engineering assignments.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a variety of technical inputs.
- Knowledge of HFE requirements /standards.
- Ability to solve human factors engineering problems with minimal assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in written and verbal form. Ability to decompose complex problems into actionable task lists
- Understanding of Quality System Regulations (QSR). Understanding of
design requirements for development, validation, and verification of
- Experience with operating in a regulated environment (e.g., FDA) with
comprehension of implications for medical device and healthcare
- B.S.in Engineering with 3+ years related experience:
- Documented Human Factors Engineering experience, preferably from Med Tech industry
- Documented capabilities of implementation of Human Factors methodologies
- Good knowledge of applicable HF related standards and regulations within Med Tech area
- Experience of risk analysis from use perspective
- Team Player
- Good Communicator
- BS Degree
|Location||Round Lake, IL|
|Workload||40 hours/week , 100% onsite|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||Open|
|Necessary skills||Analysis, Design, ENGINEER, communication, data|
In order to ask a question about a project, you need to create an account on OnsiterCreate account