Available ASAP(Updated 2020-03-07)
San Diego, CA, USA
Native English, Intermediate Spanish, Beginner French
- Over 20 years of professional development experience
- 10+ years of experience with .NET, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET
- 20 years of SQL Server experience
SQL Server 4.21-2016
OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
AWS SDK for .NET
Bus Process Re-engineering
Azure SQL Database
WINDOWS SHAREPOINT SERVICES
Over 20 years as a professional software developer. Recent experience in the following tools and technologies:
• RDBMS design and development (SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
• Service layer development (WCF, SOAP, Web API, JSON, REST, XML Web Services)
• Web development (ASP.NET, jQuery, Handlebars, SharePoint)
• Cloud development (AWS SDK for .NET, Amazon EC2, Azure Websites, Azure SQL Database)
• Tools (Git, Visual Studio, TFS, JIRA, Bitbucket, SourceTree)
• SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
I have extensive professional experience throughout the software development life cycle:
• Gather and document requirements from stakeholders and users
• Identify, document, analyze, re-engineer, and automate business processes
• Translate requirements into functional specifications, design specifications, and technical solutions
• Author high-level and detailed design documents, including system components, services, data flow, use cases, and integration designs
• Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy multi-tier web-based, database, and distributed service-oriented solutions using the full stack
• Create development, testing, staging, and production environments and processes for configuration, build, and deployment
I am a highly motivated, hard-working professional possessing an exceptional combination of technical, analytical, business communication, and interpersonal skills and am committed to delivering the highest quality business solutions and commercial products using cutting-edge technology, design patterns, and best practices.
2017-06 - Present
I've spent the last two (2) years studying blockchain technology, trading the cryptocurrency asset class, and developing automation to support my trading processes.
• Design and development of discretionary and automated trading systems, strategies, and indicators.
• Cryptocurrency asset technical analysis; Bitcoin price and market expert.
• Developed and backtested successful strategies for trading and investing in these unregulated, highly volatile markets dominated by smart money, whales, and bots.
• TradingView indicator and strategy development in PineScript.
• Automated signal and notification development in C#, Python, and PineScript.
• Tax accounting projects (C# program for automated creation of IRS Form 8949; C# program for reconciliation and accurate reporting of margin trading activity to IRS)
2016-10 - 2017-05
Senior Software Engineer for a manufacturer of smart parking meters. Assigned to the DMS (Data Management System) team.
• Bulk of time spent working JIRA tickets (new development, enhancements, maintenance, fixes) and troubleshooting deployments. Worked closely with team members, DBAs, testers, and stakeholders to ensure JIRA tasks completed and released in the current sprint. Issue fixes, build fixes, and release testing.
• Management of project/tasks and source code using JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, and SourceTree. Extensive use of command-line tools to resolve issues. Created Python program to pull data from JIRA API for Tableau reports.
• Agile team (10-15 people) - daily standup, two-week sprints, Kanban board, code review, design sessions, swarms.
• OWASP Training.
2015-06 - 2015-12
SQL Server Developer for BAIFA Express Lane Network (ELN) Toll System.
• Design and development of T-SQL stored procedures, functions, SSRS and Report Builder reports, utility scripts; unit, integration, and system tests.
• Responsible for writing T-SQL procedures to identify and price vehicle trips as defined in BAIFA detailed design document. Hundreds of business rules had to be coded into discreet SQL modules to articulate vehicle trips in a toll lane; uniquely identify vehicles / transponders / license plates; account for lane controller failure; apply rules from the pricing modules; and bill vehicle owners.
• Extensive query and performance tuning of the real-time toll system's complex vehicle tracking and pricing algorithms.
• Responsible for enhancements of ELN emulator application to current BAIFA specification and database schemas.
• Large team (20-30 people). Direct access to Systems Architects, DBAs, and senior staff. Code reviewed via impromptu meetings and design sessions. Daily builds.
2010-01 - 2015-01
Hands-on full-cycle design and development of data integration solutions for Technicolor's acquisition of Cisco's set-top box division.
• Designed and developed solution to automate the transfer of data files from a secure Cisco's FTP server to Technicolor's Amazon S3 buckets using C#, MySQL, MSMQ, and the AWS SDK for .NET.
• Created and managed Amazon EC2 instances running Windows Server 2012 and MySQL 5.6.
• Created MySQL databases and objects for storing information about scheduled task runs, FTP file and version information, job packaging/execution, file transfers from the FTP server to AWS S3, and tracking of data resources for loading onto Technicolor servers. Authored all stored procedures and SQL scripts.
• Personally developed a multitude of C# programs/libraries including, but not limited to, FTP client helper, scheduled job creation, large file multipart splitting/joining, interaction with MSMQ, end-to-end and staged file transfer, job failure tracking and retry management, logging, common data access layer.
• Created unit, integration, system tests, and full test environment for end-to-end workflow testing.
• 3-person team (Developer, Project Architect/Manager, Team Lead). Daily meetings with project manager. Periodic code review with Team Lead. JAD sessions with stakeholders and dependent project staff.
• Software - Visual Studio 2013, C#, MySQL 5.6, AWS SDK for .NET, Amazon EC2, AWS S3, MySQL Workbench, MySQL Connector/NET, .NET Framework 4.52, MS Test Framework.
2013-01 - 2013-01
Principal architect and developer for my software development consulting company.
• Design and development of network device identification, matching, and bulk import tools for Proficio Inc. (a cloud security service company) using SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio 2013, T-SQL, and C#.
• Design and development of "proximity marketing" web application for Fusion Media (a La Jolla, CA based boutique software development firm). Worked on a small team as the principal full-stack developer. Created an ASP.NET 4.0 web application project, a Web API 2.0 project (with RESTful services), and a SQL Server 2014 / Azure SQL Database. Created and configured all three projects in Azure. On-demand deployment to Azure using TFS. Daily stand-ups and status with project stakeholders. Used C#, Visual Studio 2013, ASP.NET 4.0, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, LINQ, HTML5, CSS3, Web API 2.0, JSON, REST, SoapUI, Postman, jQuery, jQueryUI, Handlebars, MS Test Framework, SQL Server 2014, Azure SQL Database, Azure Websites, and Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013.
• Design and development of ETL jobs for Auxilio Inc. Created SSIS packages for scheduled bulk import into a SQL Server 2005 database. Project required creating a different SSIS package for each source schema. Auxilio's customers are large hospitals and can have many different data sources.
• Design and development of decision support "dashboard" for Auxilio using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, AJAX, MSChart, NUnit, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, HTML, and CSS.
• Design, development, and administration of SharePoint solutions for local software development consulting company using SharePoint 2010, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, ASP.NET, C#, Visual Studio 2010, WCF, WF, ADO.NET, SSRS, T-SQL, CSS, VMware Workstation 7.1.
• SharePoint Design and development for Learning Evolution (a San Diego based eLearning company). Learning Evolution clients utilize a learning management system (LMS) to create and store training content. Team I worked with implement that content in highly customized SharePoint sites. Design and development of SharePoint .NET Framework Class Libraries, AJAX-enabled ASP.NET pages, T-SQL stored procedures, and SSRS reports to display CMS and database content in SharePoint pages.
• Design and development of ASP.NET 2.0 web application accessing SharePoint content and deployed in the Blackberry browser for a Fortune 500 client of Learning Evolution.
• Design and development of SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services reporting applications hosted in SharePoint for Fortune 500 clients of Learning Evolution.
• Additional Software - IIS 6.0-8.5, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio .NET 2012, Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, Azure SQL Database, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2, .NET Framework (2.0/3.0/3.5/4.0-), Web API 2.0, ASP.NET (2.0/3.5/4.0), SharePoint Designer, WSS 3.0, MOSS 2007, SharePoint 2010.
2007-02 - 2008-02
Lead .NET Developer on three (3) separate, successive .NET development projects for SAIC at Entergy Corporation, a regional utility in New Orleans, Louisiana.
• First project -- end-to-end architecture and hands-on development of automated data cleansing process using ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, T-SQL, DTS, and SQL Server 2000. Solution replaced resource-intensive manual cleansing of utility meter location data. Waterfall methodology (requirements definition document, functional specification document, wireframes/paste-ups, use cases, and system architecture/design documents). Created test plan and test cases. Created deployment plan and schedule. Responsible for all development tasks (wrote all code), daily builds, and deployments to testing. Close interaction and communication with the data cleansing working group and a business systems analyst.
Second project - successfully completed development of unfinished SharePoint/.NET work authorization management system. Entergy has a Java client used at nuclear power plants to add and update work authorizations. These work authorizations are stored in SharePoint for Nuclear Regulatory Commission compliance. I was the 6th developer to attempt to fix this cumbersome system. The completed solution included (1) a .NET Windows Service that transfers documents into SharePoint document libraries, (2) a .NET Windows Service that updates SharePoint document metadata, (3) an ASP.NET web application that facilitates creation of SharePoint document folders and uploading of documents into SharePoint, (4) an ASP.NET web application that facilitates bulk uploading of documents into staging areas for file transfer into SharePoint document libraries, and (5) a pair of ASP.NET Web Services that execute .NET SharePoint components to perform extensive file and folder operations. I wrote Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures to update tables containing new authorizations and metadata deltas. I rewrote the .NET Windows Service that accesses those Oracle tables. I wrote .NET code using the SharePoint namespaces for multiple Visual Studio projects. Each of these projects required debugging, enhancements/fixes, and integration into the delivered working solution.
• Third project - Developed a custom content management system (CMS) that enabled users to publish content created in Web Publisher (a web content creation front-end for Documentum). The system consisted of an ASP.NET 2.0 (C#) web application with custom controls for publishing content, a component for porting content/documents from a Documentum docbase to the web application content inventory, and XML/XSL templates used by Web Publisher users for content creation.
2006-06 - 2007-01
Principal architect and developer for my software development consulting company.
• Created proof of concept SharePoint solution for Intuitive Analytics, an ISV selling an MS Excel add-in into Wall Street Investment Banks. Solution consists of a SharePoint (WSS v3) team site for fund managers and analysts to collaborate on derivative scenarios and accounts. Clients of the Investment Bank would access another SharePoint (MOSS) where workbooks are stored that contain finished analytic data. This data is then accessed via Excel Services and is presented to users for analysis, re-calculation, further modeling and discussion.
2005-04 - 2006-04
Dunham is a mutual fund investment company serving the broker community and general public. Lead Developer on eight (8) web projects including dunham.com migration to ASP.NET (dunham.com is a 500+ page site that included public and private content areas for clients, associated financial advisors, and Dunham employees).
• Project management and hands-on development of public and private ASP.NET webs and SQL Server databases.
• Migrated dunham.com from classic ASP to ASP.NET. Implemented stored procedures, user controls, page-specific and common business logic layer classes, compact data access layer component, cross browser support. Applied Microsoft migration best practices.
• In addition to the dunham.com migration, I developed an ASP.NET portal to all six (6) Dunham sub-sites, and participated in the hands-on development of each.
• Also created SQL Server 2000 and 2005 databases, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages, and nightly batch scripts using T-SQL.
• Gathered and documented requirements. Authored functional specification. Created detailed project plans and schedules for all Dunham software development projects.
2004-05 - 2005-01
Primary responsibility is to develop ASP and ASP.NET web applications in support of Verizon Online's Help & Support, Online Help, and Call Deflection campaigns.
• Built web-based installation program in ASP that consumes multiple web services using SOAP. This installation program is a series of ASP pages that use ActiveX controls to investigate a user's system and perform tasks in preparation of interfacing with Verizon Online's Software Fulfillment Platform (SFP).
• Worked on Verizon Updates. Much like Windows Update, this ASP.NET site is a single source for all Verizon Online software applications and updates and is a front-end for SFP.
• I also developed an ASP.NET website that consolidates the data contained in KANA Knowledge Server error and warning logs into useful statistics for the purpose of debugging the KANA-scripted templates.
• Software - Visual Studio .NET, SQL Server 2000, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Subversion (SVN), KANA, ActiveX, ASP, VB6, C#, VB.NET, IIS, MS Windows 2000 Advanced Server
2003-07 - 2004-04
Developed two (2) ASP.NET web applications for a wireless ISP using VB.NET, XML Web Services, Mappoint.net Web Service SDK, and SQL Server 2000.
• One web application is the UI that a wireless ISP uses to determine if a prospective customer is within one of multiple regional service areas. Makes extensive use of code behind, user controls, and encapsulation of business and application logic in assemblies. Service coverage feature set is designed to be private labeled and easily deployed on third party IIS Web Server with .NET Framework installed. Site can be deployed with either a SQL Server or MS Access database.
• The second web application is the service layer containing multiple XML Web Services for accessing 3rd party data providers like Mappoint.net.
2002-06 - 2003-06
Led team in end-to-end development of two (2) intranet web sites for the State of California, Department of Corporations. Project lifecycle was managed using a modified waterfall methodology and implemented using ASP.NET, VB.NET, and SQL Server 2000.
• Web 1 - Ported functionality of eighteen (18) DOS-based Clipper and dBase programs and data to a single consolidated web application used by the Financial Services Division (FSD).
• Web 2 - A consumer complaint tracking web application used by all divisions in the DOC.
• Project Management duties - Created project plan. From the detailed requirements and design documents I created a work breakdown structure of all development and test tasks and loaded them into MS Project. Tasks were broken into 1-4 hour subtasks and assigned to resources. Using dependencies and predecessors I created a project schedule and Gantt chart. Responsible for day-to-day project management including modifications to project plan, task scheduling, resource assignments.
• Business Systems Analyst duties - For complaints web I collaborated with user representatives to model their business processes (validating, re-engineering, augmenting, and creating new as necessary), integrated these processes into a consolidated department-wide process model, identify the portions of their business processes to automate and expose as desired functionality, and create a detailed workflow automation process model describing process and data ownership, complaint assignments, and functional procedures / rights / responsibilities for processing throughout the complaint life-cycle. The details of this collaboration were documented and encapsulated in use cases. For both webs I gathered, defined, and documented detailed requirements and functional specifications for review and sign-off.
(Additional experience information available upon request)
1982-02 - 1984-12
1979-09 - 1981-12