Might be available(Updated 1+ year ago)
Quality Assurance Lead
Cary, United States
- 15 years experience writing SQL queries to et data from the Oracle database
- 15 years experience testing UI, services, and database
- 15 years experience working for a financial institution
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE
USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING
• Delivered three new major global software releases, and nine monthly maintenance releases per year.
• Managed SPRINT contract upgrades project requiring extensive testing.
• Integrated Agile and Scrum Methodology into software engineering processes.
• Designed new software, business management, and sales processes
2019-01 - 2019-11
This was a new, in-house developed application at FL BCBS for Medicare processing. As a test lead on an Agile project, review user stories with business and development teams. Assist with functional designs, detailed designs, system mapping, and requirement specifications.
Rally is used to create and execute test cases, test plans, and test sets. Also used to create and update defects, monitor test and defect activity; monitor defects through to resolution. Rally is also useful for pulling data to provide metrics to the business and the team.
Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members; assign tasks to the QA team; ensure that all tasks are completed on time. Coordinate UAT testing. Assist with identifying functionality that is ready for testing in the UAT environment; validate whether defects are happening in Test and UAT.
Utilize SQL statements to query the database via pgAdmin. Utilize Postman (API Testing) to add/update/delete data in the database and to verify that the responses match the information on any JSON (service request) that was submitted through Postman. Attend meetings with the business and development teams to discuss issues encountered; attend daily stand-up meetings as well as daily touchpoint meetings.
2016-09 - 2019-01
Provide coaching/mentoring and introduction to basic QA skills free of charge
Provide coaching for new QA Analysts to help them further their careers in Software Quality Assurance
Attend networking events; Research Industry Leaders; Track Industry Trends; Participate in Industry Discussions. This was mostly remote work with occasional face-to-face meetings.
• Worked on a photography site for a private client. Worked with the client on basic web design, proper layout (i.e., proper flow for going through the fields), usability, spelling. Walk through basic testing principles so she knows what to look for when testing. Created test cases for her to go through basic functionality and taught her how to write her test cases as she adds to the site. Showed her how to test monetary transactions to make sure only valid numbers are accepted in credit card fields and ensure that calculations are correct. Created SQL queries so she can query the database to gather the data she needs.
• Worked on a "craft" site for private clients. Worked with the clients on basic web design, proper layout (i.e., proper flow for going through the fields), usability, spelling. Walked through basic testing principles so they know what to look for when testing. Created test cases for them to go through basic functionality and taught them how to write their test cases as they add to the site. Showed them how to test monetary transactions to make sure only valid numbers are accepted in credit card fields and ensure that calculations are correct. Created SQL queries so they can query the database to gather any data they need.
2002-02 - 2016-08
Collaborate with IT and third-party Vendors to understand new releases, develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, Functional Testing, testing integration, acceptance, and regression testing. Negative testing, error or bug retests, usability, design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures, serve as a liaison between business and development teams through project phases. Work with all Levels of team members, internal and external.
Achievement: Delivered three new major global software releases and nine monthly maintenance releases each year while meeting best-in-class quality standards and on-time delivery.
• SIT/SVT/MAT Testing: Write test strategies and plans for System Integration Testing (SIT), System Verification Testing (SVT) Review test conditions to ensure proper coverage; participates in the appropriate test cycles.
◦ System Integration Testing - A testing process that exercises a software system's coexistence with others. With multiple integrated systems, if each has already passed system testing, SIT proceeds to test their required interactions.
◦ System Verification Testing - A set of actions used to check the correctness of any element, such as a system element, a system, a document, a service, a task, a requirement, etc. These types of actions are planned and carried out throughout the life cycle of the system.
◦ Market Acceptance Verification - Before releasing a product to production, we carry out a market acceptance test to see if their product will succeed when released to the production environment. One way to carry out market acceptance test is shadow testing. Shadow testing is when you let your product out before its release. You tell about your product and your value
◦ proposition to the prospective customers, and then open your product for pre-ordering. You don't charge your customers for pre-orders until a specific date, e.g., Release date of the product. Based on the number of pre-orders you receive, you can estimate whether or not your product will be accepted by the market.
◦ SQL - Created SQL queries daily to find data, to update, add or delete data in the database.
◦ Unix/Linus - used commands similar to SQL commands: add, insert, update or delete.
◦ Experience with several acquisitions and testing the integration of software obtained during acquisitions and integrating it into our existing framework.
• QA/UAT Testing: Write test strategies and plans. Review test conditions to ensure proper coverage; participates in QA/User Acceptance Testing defect reviews and resolution. Facilitate both high level and low-level technical design sessions and reviews. Create automated scripts using QTP/UFT until the shared services team took over automation, Oversee automation efforts by shared services team. Create and execute test conditions and cases for mobile testing of Android devices. Ensure Regression testing is performed to ensure functionality still works as designed. Use ALM for Requirements, Test Cases, Test Execution, and Defects. Use JIRA to track development tasks and Agile development tasks. SharePoint administrator for the WCRM/CKC Group which involved adding/updating/deleting users, adding new pages and build out the new sections with components within Apps, news, and navigation.
• Project Management: Develop project plans, track milestones, and metrics; report project status. Identify potential jeopardy of schedule and identify /mitigate Risks. Participate in the change management process.
1999-11 - 2001-09
Achievement: Successfully deployed projects to production, meeting delivery and quality goals.
As the Software Quality Assurance Manager, managed SPRINT contract upgrades project, developed and reported project metrics, supervised and evaluated testing personnel. Monitored and tracked project milestones and deliverables, and conferred with project personnel to identify and resolve problems. Directed and coordinated activities of project personnel, including assigning duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project staff, and prepared project presentations for management review.
1999-11 - 2000-11
☛ Achievement: As the first QA person, I implemented testing methodologies and process into the company culture for the first time. Significantly improved quality of applications due to the new testing process.
I supervised and evaluated testing personnel, developed testing methodologies and implemented a software testing process. I was responsible for ensuring that comprehensive testing procedures are complete for all projects. I established and managed schedules to ensure timeliness and that deadlines were consistently met. I conferred with project personnel to identify and resolve problems, assessed current and future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with business partners, Vendors, and end users.
1998-03 - 1999-09
✰☛ Achievement: Instrumental in leading the testing efforts for new software, Business Management, and Sales Processes.
As the Software Quality Assurance Coordinator, created and maintained library of test cases and test cycles, monitored test environment for stability, managed quarterly releases of the application, wrote Technical Design Documentation, monitored bug resolution efforts and tracked successes, created and maintained databases of known test defects, directed and coordinated activities of project personnel and implemented training programs including job aides.
Oracle, Tomcat, Waterfall, Agile, Oracle, SQL, SnagIT, Toad/SQL Developer, Proficient with MS Office suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SOA Services, Jira, HP-ALM, Mobile (iOS and Android), Soap UI, Web-Based Testing, Web Services, QTP/UFT, SDLC, STLC, Rally, pgAdmin, Postman, Swagger, inVision, GitHub, mongoDB
2015-05 - 2018-10
2021-09 - 2021-09
2021-09 - 2021-09