Might be available(Updated 2022-02-20)
Interim Executive CTO & Portfolio Mgr.
Broomfield, CO, USA
- Strong Leadership, collaboration, and mentoring skills
- 20+ years experience as Interim Technology Consultant
- Business & IT; Strategy Development & Implementation
Continuous Process Improvements
Long Range Planning
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
2006-01 - Present
Strategic Advisor, Board of Directors (BOD) of a SaaS portfolio company Reporting directly to the Board of Directors (BOD), assessed SaaS Portfolio Company's business, technologies, people and processes. Advised the Board and the SaaS Company's c-suite on new markets & product positioning, technology department development, modernization, and introduction of emerging technologies. Successfully turned around the distressed company to high growth and capturing new markets. Recommended hiring across all areas - Product Management, Technology, and Sales.
• Cloud migration, vendor selection, and deployment roadmap. Innovation and emerging tech introduction.
• Product strategy, new markets, and alliances. Product strategy included AR/VR, Metaverse, AI and Crypto products.
Streamlined pricing strategies and introduced SaaS/tiered pricing that gained immediate market traction.
CTO and CIO - Digital Transformation Northstar Exchange, B2B Platform (Consultant to employee) 2004 - 2005 Stimulated rapid multi-market product and service launches on a national scale. Led teams to develop products and solutions leveraging cutting-edge and conventional technologies. Reduced market launch time from 45 days per market to simultaneous multiple market launches within days of a business decision. The company was acquired.
• Hired and mentored staff, built high-performing engineering teams and IT department that rolled out digital products, SaaS platform, and cutting edge solutions. Teams retired technical debt, accelerating delivery.
• Drove digital solutions that converted paper-based document scanning processes to end-to-end automated digital engagement. Stabilized legacy platform supporting existing clients for business continuity.
• Grew client platform usage by 50% and reduced IT spend by 22%. Structured product, and application development lifecycle from start to finish by formulating / executing strategies. Led teams to improve UI/UX & customer experience reducing customer churn and increasing customer-base.
• Heightened technological capabilities through data center refresh, deploying a private cloud, cutting-edge networks, improving customer support and help desk functions, and reducing technical debt.
• Integrated industry best practices, and drove repeatable and scalable processes to enable growth.
CIO Consultant Local Insight Media (LIM), $1B Media / Telecom B2B/B2C Company (Dex Online competitor) Headhunted by incumbent CIO to assume ownership of 50% of IT areas. Built high-performance teams that stabilized the core Order to Cash core system performance & reduced tech debt immediately improving revenue generation.
System stabilization included reducing IT operations spend by 15%, and improved system stability by 30% reducing incident management trouble tickets, freeing up development time to focus on business value delivery. Developed digital use case to transition the company from paper-based publishing to online B2B/B2C models.
1999-01 - 2004-01
As employee #1, hired, mentored, and developed engineering teams to drive innovation, and develop a 7x24 high availability, high-transaction ecommerce system that scaled with the customer growth.
• Synergized large group of MSOs (CEOs, CTOs, and CXOs) and Retail partners while delving into new ground for the industry. Cable participants included Comcast, Charter (Spectrum), Time Warner, Cox communications & others. Retail partners included ESPN, HBO, Best Buy, Dell, HP, and others.
• Deployed disaster recovery plans, and implemented industry best practices to ensure uninterrupted business.
• Participated in CableLabs Board of Directors meetings led by top 10 Cable Operator CEOs (Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, and others).
FUNCTIONAL ROLES (LARGE CORPORATIONS, FULL LEADERSHIP) Functional executive roles reporting to the C-Suite at Fortune 50- Fortune 500 corporations. Drove large-scale complex deliveries, instilled best practices and a growth mindset. Team sizes ~10 - 120 employees.
Innovation Consulting, R&D -IoT (connected homes) - Xcel Energy and Asian Consumer Electronics Corporation Drove technology solutions for business-prioritized innovation driving net new customer acquisition and markets, improving technology department, and partner ecosystem. Impacted decision making, and led cross-functional teams. Governed MVP design, proof of concept (POC), and rapid prototype development.
• IoT MVP included hardware, platform, infrastructure, mobile front end (iOS, Android), and Analytics.
• Contributing author to multi-company Smart City RFP that incorporated several innovation programs: smart street lighting, EV charging stations, IoT based traffic management, others.
International Business/IT Product Launches and Digital Transformation - Western Union (Financial Services) Turned around struggling international product development and launch program by harmonizing business and IT teams, IT systems (front end/back end) and business processes. Delivered reputation and stock price impacting initiative within 60% of allocated time. Facilitated digital transformation shifting agent-based money-transfer network to online with 22% traffic gains within the first few months of the transformation.
Product Platform development, and pension products - TIAA (Fortune 100 Company) Elevated market position by spearheading pension product management & development; and overseeing companywide technology programs in response to needed change and customer preferences.
Captured emerging consumer and market demands by heading the development of innovation-driven pension products application platform to fulfill Institutional Client needs. Expedited delivery of products by deploying rapid prototype and iterative design methodologies, while overseeing POC.
• The new platform decreased costs by 25%, time to market by 50%, and improved TIAA's market share.
• New products and customer experience improvement solutions resulted in net-new customers' growth.
Cybersecurity Strategies and Emerging-tech Digital Health Products - Very Large Healthcare & Hospital System Drove market trends, and industry best practices-based forward-looking Cybersecurity strategies, roadmaps, and it's delivery across the multi-location organization. Advised product teams on innovation frameworks.
• Strategy, roadmap, and implementations: DevOps to DevSecOps; Threat and vulnerability TVM lifecycle improvement. Results: 20% reduction in application breaches, 25% reduction in time to fix vulnerabilities.
• Advises teams to identify, and curate emerging tech areas for MVP/POC. Results: improved customer experience, and 15% increase in market penetration. (Blockchain, AI, IoT, Loyalty Coins and Digital Twins).
Digital Transformation Enablement, IAM Cloud Migration Portfolios - Staples, Inc.
Positioned Corporation ahead of the competition by translating goals and visions into practices through control of 70% of global cybersecurity initiatives (SECOPS) portfolios.
• Reduced costs by 18% and drove team efficiency by 15% via digital transformation enablement, • Drove portfolios of complex international efforts, and transition teams from Waterfall to SAFe/Agile.
Consulting -Strategy, Governance and Operations, Continuous Improvement - Wells Fargo Bank Slashed costs by 15% and improved customer confidence, and drove operational efficiencies through continuous process improvements across 8 functional and organizational units including IT.
2023-12 - 2023-12
2023-12 - 2023-12
2023-12 - 2023-12