Might be available(Updated 2020-04-01)
Independent Project Manager
Carol Stream, United States
Native Urdu, Gujarati, English, Hindi, Intermediate Arabic,
- Seasoned Talent Acquisition Generalist
- HRIS Consulting
- Project Management
• Experience in successfully managing small to medium scale projects performing management functions such as
Project planning, Budget Confirmation, Project Estimation, scheduling, organizing, reporting, risk management and tracking processes, ensuring the feasibility of each project.
• Managed projects from kick-off through closure including phases - requirements gathering & analysis, design,
configure & build, test & deploy.
• Possess very strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving, critical and logical skills
• Excellent Co-ordination & Communication skills with ability to collaborate with all the stakeholders throughout
the project life cycle
• Detail oriented and analytical, experienced in requirements gathering
• Highly motivated and success driven on independent and team assignments
2018-01 - Present
Effectively leading project team in a collaborative environment, completing project deliverables per target
timelines and requirements. Served clients in the consumer electronic, consumer goods and food supply
• Coordinates, schedules, assigns project tasks, builds teams and maintains working relationships with functional areas. Developing performance and financial analysis reports highlighting the effectiveness of meeting the program commitments.
• Establish strong operating mechanisms which include clear and timely communication with the business
leadership team and stakeholders needs to prioritize project requests and business changes
• Major contributor to the development of all information technology initiatives for the client, including
critical path and design projects, budgeting, planning, policies, and workflow prioritization
• Facilitate project meetings and ensure project plans are well defined
• Collaborate with cross-functional resources to ensure project needs are addressed
• Coordinate data validation activities between Business and IT team
• Managing Agile and Waterfall hybrid Methodologies and working through the entire SDLC
• Draft and monitor Risk log, Issues log, Status reports, Resource Plans, other project related activities and strategy documents in collaboration with technology management
2017-01 - 2018-01
• Managed a recruitment team to optimize staffing practices while complying with budget constraints.
• Spearheaded all technical recruitment at a professional/college level, utilizing advisory boards,
national conferences, and engineering diversity to attract new candidates.
• Strategic business partner to VP and CEO regarding all aspects of recruitment strategizing,
resource planning, leadership development, and goal setting.
• Planned, executed, and participated in professional job fairs to secure high-performance
• Managed projects throughout life-cycle; support business plans, resource planning objectives,
and succession planning initiatives.
Highlights - Introduced and executed company's first recruitment strategy following thorough needs assessment.
Defined formal sourcing/recruiting/interviewing processes and compensation strategies.
- Successfully reshuffled resources from India to USA while complying with ever-changing
- Developed / deployed a College Recruitment Program and hired 15 consultants for the US office.
- Streamlined the technical recruitment process, developing and implementing short/long-term recruitment
programs that enhanced organizational performance.
- Spearheaded requirements gathering and deployment of SAP Success Factors' recruitment module in collaboration with technology vendor.
- Leveraged real time data to educate senior management about current market hiring trends within IT.
- Managed special projects, such as a Marketing Program and Compensation Strategy for all US-based roles.
- Developed and released a technical training program for college hires.
- Created in-house searchable database for resume storage.
2015-01 - 2017-01
• Executed an aggressive technical talent acquisition program for the IT Department.
• Within six months, assumed additional responsibilities for Marketing & Communications staffing.
• Strategic business partner to AVP, VP and directors regarding recruitment strategizing, resource
planning, leadership development, and goal setting.
Highlights - Pitched and adopted new technology (Big Data/Hadoop) and executed appropriate staffing.
- Educated executives on current IT market and adopted competitive salaries to attract top talent.
- Updated IT job descriptions.
- Eliminated use of third party search firms, thus savings 300K annually.
- Initiated a Career Development Resource Guide for internal IT employees and prospective candidates.
- Managed special projects, such as a Marketing Program For IT and Compensation Strategy for technology
focused roles. Generated new roles within the IT Job Family.
2013-01 - 2015-01
• Executed an aggressive technical talent acquisition program for Sears Holdings Integrated Retail teams.
• Strategic business partner to DVP, VP and company directors regarding recruitment strategies.
• Planned, executed, and participated in college/professional job fairs to secure top candidates.
• Managed projects throughout full life-cycle; supported business plans, resource planning
objectives, and succession planning initiatives.
Highlights - Hired 360 highly skilled individuals for the e-Commerce Line of Business Division. Planned recruitment
strategies in alignment with CIO objectives.
- Developed a robust plan for college recruitment; turned over to college team for execution.
- Created new roles/job families within IT and Engineering to facilitate hiring talent from Amazon.
- Revamped interview process from 6 to 4 hours while adding non-technical components
- Collaborated with immigration team to define processes/procedures for hiring individuals requiring Visa
transfer or sponsorship (75% of new hires under this program).
- Revamped the relocation program for C-level executives.
- Mentored junior recruiters on sourcing strategies and other HR techniques.
- Improved staff development and intern hiring rates with a standard internship program across businesses.
- Generated new roles & levels within the Engineering Job Family.
- Executed a recruitment plan for new Shop Your Way (SYW) Stores to fill exempt level non-technical roles.
2010-01 - 2013-01
• Led IT recruitment activities for clients across the US and Canada.
- Administered recruiting and advertising budgets, ensuring project deliverables met timeline and designated parameters.
- Interfaced with HR, Talent Acquisition, Business, and Technical Leadership teams.
• Identified and recruited key talent (mid to executive-level) for fulltime/contract positions within the IT
& Engineering Sector, matching candidates to client requirements.
• Conducted one-on-one interviews, evaluated technical competence (IT/Engineering skills), performed
background/reference checks, and validated candidate credentials.
• Executed a broad range of strategic sourcing methodologies to secure new candidates, including: Internet
(Job Sites/Boards), Market Periodicals, Cold Calling, and Referrals.
Highlights - Organized hiring events nationally to aid major clients, including: Wal-Mart Corporation, Kohl's, IBM, etc.
- Served as primary liaison to clients and candidates, resolving complex problems and concerns in a timely
manner to ensure highest satisfaction levels.
- Initiated the Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) program for DCP Midstream, partnering with in-
house recruiters for various exempt/non-exempt roles.
2007-01 - 2009-01
Managed a team of three recruiters, actively supporting staffing needs for BAE Systems Platform
Solutions line of business, generating $1.5B annually.
• Functioned as strategic business partner to VP and directors in all aspects of recruitment
strategizing, resource planning, leadership development, and goal setting.
• Led programs on recruitment for Engineering, Program Management, and Business Development candidates.
Highlights - Spearheaded all diversity recruitment efforts at a professional/college level.
- Supported junior recruiters in development/implementation of a standard internship program.
- Planned/executed the Diversity Hiring Plan for Director and Vice President level positions, successfully
utilizing employee referral program and professional networking websites.
- Successfully achieved the 20/10 Diversity Goals, securing 20% female candidates in technical roles and
10% of candidates from under-represented minorities.
- Established relationships with diversity organizations, including: the Society for Women Engineers
(SWE), National Society for Black Engineers (NSBE), and Society for Hispanic Engineers (SHPE).
- Seamlessly handled a range of special projects, including: the Leadership Development Program,
Relocation Program, and Compensation Strategy for Business Development roles.
- Generated a $200K cost savings in agency fees through solid business acumen.
2020-02 - 2013-01
2020-02 - 2005-01