Available ASAP(Updated 2021-04-11)
Senior Solution Architect -Telecoms
Native Italian, Bosnian, Croatian, Swedish, English, Serbian,
- 25+ års erfarenhet av mobile networks
- IMS/VoLTE 8+ års
- 4G/5G Core
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Technical Project Management
Serial Attached SCSI
2014-01 - Present
At present advising investors on the following 5G landscape issues
✓ 5G rollouts in Europe, assumptions and requirements
✓ Frequency bands spectrum allocations for 5G NR deployment
✓ 5G network architecture evolution - service based architecture and reference architecture
✓ 5G Core - NSA and SA mode, network slicing
✓ NFV and Edge computing against 5G requirements
✓ Business models expanding into verticals, evolution of MNO wholesale model.
✓ Feasibility study for transfer of ad based binary SMS to gamers - Global MVNO or wholesale
2019-04 - Present
Senior Solution Architect:
-OpenStack based IMS VNFs (vMTAS, vCSCF, vSBC, vAFG, vDNS/ENUM/AAA,vHSS) onboarding and troubleshooting for internal (Customer Units and Learning services) and Ericsson's external customers - MNOs, as well as mobile device vendors.
-VoLTe/VoWifi Filed Trial network design and setup with Ericsson Customer Units
-CEE Ericsson Openstack based Cloud operating and management system deployment on Ericsson BSP, HDS and 3rd party servers such as HP C7000.
2010-10 - 2013-10
• Leading the projects in the capacity of Consulting Project Manager by defining the scope and deliverables through the execution of consulting projects by delivering core network and services evolution roadmap for mobile and integrated operators.
• Engaged on CxO and network director level and presenting them with the project outcome.
• Business consulting-mobile and integrated operators' business models in the European markets creating new values through enhanced user experience, revenue generation and investment protection and savings, designing future mobile and converged integrated network reference architectures and evolution steps.
• Mobile Core Network consulting, including VoLTE/RCS and integration with CAMEL, IMS, MBB, SDM in the European markets-
• Pre-Sales mobile and fixed-line core network consulting projects carried out for Avea Turkey (now mobile arm of Turk Telecom), Turk Telecom, KPN Mobile Netherlands, STC Saudi Arabia, Etisalat UAE, Maxis Malaysia.
• Project Coordination with Huawei HQ R&D and local teams at MUs. Network Consulting contains major network evolution steps towards a target network architecture, end-to-end view.
The technologies involved: EPC/MBB, Evolved MSS, IMS, CSFB, SRVCC, VoLTE, RCS/RCS-e, SDM (ngHLR, HSS, PCRF).
2013-11 - 2017-02
• Worked for Cloud Core Network Product Management of Marketing Products & Solutions in the capacity of both Technical Project Manager and Senior Marketing Director in the pre-sales phases including assisting with upselling new features and solutions, generating sales leads by conducting workshops and presenting to the wider audience, including Network Architects, Network Directors and CxO level.
• Responsible for assessment of potential markets, product life cycle planning, project lead and coordination with R&D and Sales frontline offices during RFI/RFQ tender phases, development of product strategies, roadmap and network evolution planning, definition of promotional activities and product launch in the area of Cloud IMS, more specifically FMC IMS Services: centralized NFV VoLTE/VoWifi and IMS Centralized Services (ICS), VoBB, SIP Trunking, Cloud PBX/UC, vEPC.
The following customer pre-sales projects and RFI/RFQ supported: Vodafone Italy (first NFV VoLTE in the world), Etisalat UAE, STC Saudi Arabia, MTN Group Dubai, Tele2 Group Sweden, Liberty Global Europe Group Netherlands, DT Group, DNA Finland, P4 Poland, Telenor Group Norway, Sunrise Switzerland, Telenet Belgium, Vodafone Group, Telefonica Group Latin America, Maxis Malaysia, Turkcell Turkey, Turk Telecom Turkey, BT UK IoT Smarthome etc Involved in pre-sales for DT Group VoLTE for IoT and Vodafone Group VoLTE for IoT. DT Group won - VoLTE for IoT.
Support on RFI//RFQ/RFP answers on virtualized NFV VoLTE, SBC, DRA/STP and SDM (HLR/HSS) and IoT Platform solutions.
✓ Project Management for organizing and supporting marketing events and customer and industry analysts' briefings (Current Analysis, IHS Infonetics, Dell'Oro Group, Analysys Mason) at MWC Barcelona, IMS World Forum, SDN/NFV World Congress, TM Forum, etc , as well as for Product Launches/Introductions.
The products and solutions involved: NFV IMS, TAS, CSCF, DRA/STP, SBC, VoLTE/VoWifi, SDM/DSP (HLR/HSS, PCRF), IoT Platform.
2017-04 - 2018-12
Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
Technical Project Manager/Tech Lead/Senior Solution Architect:
• Delivering E2E IMS based VoWifi mobile service design & architecture, E2E B2B Architecture for IoT services.
✓ Responsible for B2B design and test of MVNE mobile architecture, including mobile core and BSS operations (IT stack), with the concerned vendors (Ericsson CS/EPC/SDM/SBG/CSCF, Huawei IMS - TAS, CSCF, SBC and Amdocs BSS - provisioning and billing).
✓ Accountable for production of design documentation for VoWifi IMS based solution across LGI European footprint coordinating with vendors (Ericsson, Huawei, Amdocs).
✓ Call flows troubleshooting of protocol stack with Wireshark (.pcap) and OSIX (Polystar).
✓ Impact assessment on the IMS architecture and call flows due to the introduction of virtual/temporary numbers services for prosumers and SoHO B2B market segments by enhancing mobile user experience using network routing logic.
✓ Lead the design and execution of VoWiFi user experience (UX) evaluation tests in cooperation with partner P3 Gmbh.
✓ Centrally managed MVNO projects across European MVNOs footprint (5 OpCos).
• E2E B2B Architecture IoT Smart Office B2B Project working with Demand and Product Owner using Waterfall project methodology and managing various stakeholders across 5 countries (IT Solution Designers, Security Architects, Security penetration testers, CPE security testers and Local OpCos CRM representatives and B2B CPE rollout technicians):
✓ Project Specifications defining the scope, deliverables, timelines, resources, risks and dependencies.
✓ Impact assessments coordination, RAID Cost Model and budget projections.
✓ Definition and Categorization of CAPEX/OPEX,
✓ Business Case evaluation and provide recommendation.
✓ Architecture Steer, High Level Architecture (HLA) integrating connectivity, security and BSS operations for provisioning and billing of B2B subscribers for IoT services.
✓ Reporting and presenting to B2B Steering Committee (VPs and Directors).
✓ Get reported and sign off Security penetration tests and CPE (device) security tests, as well as User Accepting Testing E2E service test, before handover to operations.
1994-06 - 1995-11
WLL Function Test
The work involved the following activities:
• Writing Function Test Specifications and performing the functional tests for Ericsson's WLL (Wireless Local Loop) radio access system, which utilized NMT mobile technology for subscribers in PSTN telecommunications network. The testing was mainly focusing on development of the Ericsson's WLL terminal, which was made up of LIP (Line Interface Part) to meet PSTN recommendations, as well as Radio Interface Part to meet NMT recommendations.
WLL System Integration and Verification: Part of the System Integration team.
The work involved the following activities:
• Writing System Test Specifications to meet different functional and system requirements (signaling, transmission, system line level measurements) of the RAS 1000 WLL system.
• Developing System Load-Traffic system test using LiTE (Live Traffic Emulator). The System Load test was developed using both Unix and DOS/Windows environments.
• Providing technical support for customer acceptance testing.
• Training members of the RAS 1000 WLL customer support teams from Ericsson's offices overseas.
Technical courses undertaken:
Ericsson's WLL (Wireless Local Loop) O&M (2 weeks)
NMT System Survey (3 days)
AXE 10 HW testing (5 weeks)
AXE 10 SW Testing (PLEX, ASA) (3 weeks)
Basics of Project Management (PROPS) (2 days)
Unix operating system (1 week)
BTS Traffic and O&M (RBS2000&200) (2 weeks)
BSC O&M (1 week)
GSM Advanced System Technique (1 week)
Cell Planning Principles (1 week)
MSC/VLR & HLR O&M (1 week)
GSM APZ emulation (2 days)
GSM on the Net O&M (4 days)
ATM (2 days)
IP over ATM (2 days)
Cello Overview (1 day)
APG40 Overview (1 day)
WCDMA/UMTS Core Network Delta CN2.0 (2 days)
WCDMA/UMTS Basic Core Network Design (2 days)
1995-12 - 1997-12
GSM BTS System Integration: Part of the System Integration team, working on all Ericsson's BTS products as well as integration with BSC node within GSM system.
The work involved the following activities:
• Writing Integration and Functional Test Specifications/Instructions on a system level and performing the functional and system tests in a simulated environment to verify BTS against GSM recommendations, on both Abis and Air Interfaces for Traffic and O&M test cases.
• Performing the release tests on the BTS products (RBS 2000 and RBS 200 families).
• BTS and BTS-BSC interface troubleshooting.
• Test SW design, writing the test programs for traffic and O&M functions, which make it possible to control and test the BTS. The tools were TSS 2000 platform for traffic load tests and UPSim for functional testing.
• BTS System Design and integration for Micro BTS GSM Downlink Diversity (SW Power Boost) development and customer implementation project including drive tests in the field for radio network optimization (for PacBell mobile operator in California).
• Writing Test Instructions for field trials and customer acceptance testing at a BSS level
• Providing BTS and BSS technical support during field trials and customer acceptance testing both on- and off-site for Ericsson GSM customers (Telia of Sweden, Vodafone and One-2-One of UK, PacBell of California, TIM of Italy, Manesmann of Germany etc.).
• Participated in a shaping of the BTS traffic and O&M functionalities on a system level together with the BTS System Design (Implementation Sketches and Proposals during pre-study and feasibility phase, as well as Change Requests after TG2).
1998-01 - 1998-03
GSM BSS Field Support Engineer: Part of the Ericsson's Field Support Center in UK dealing with Vodafone and one2one, GSM 900 and GSM 1800 mobile operators in UK.
The work involved resolving technical issues with Ericsson's local product management, as well as trouble report handling towards both Vodafone and one2one customers daily. The work also involved BTS troubleshooting on the customer's sites in a live network.
1998-04 - 1998-09
GSIP (GSM over IP) System Management: A member of the initial Ericsson GSM on the Net product development team, responsible for system integration management tasks.
The work involved the following:
• Customer project management and running a demo of GSM on the Net system, which was Unix/NT based system, at exhibitions and for Ericsson's customers worldwide.
• Writing system specifications and requirements for the development of the first release product. The product used H.323 standard intended for multimedia services and utilized an existing corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure. My work focused on the development of the O&M of all system components at a system level, as well as to systemize, optimize and realize MSC/VLR, HLR and BSC functions (LAPD protocol implementation on the TCP/IP suite and TCP/UDP protocol on the Abis interface, among others) into so called Access Node.
1998-10 - 2000-04
GSM Base Station System (BSS) Verification:
Responsible for the Wind BSS start-up pre-commercial and commercial operations by deploying BSS R7 system release into a new Wind mobile network in order to get started with commercial operations. The upgrade of the same release in TIM mobile network.
The work involved the following activities:
• Writing the Test Instructions for BSS System Demonstrations.
• BSS (BSC/OSS/BTS) Customer Acceptance Testing towards both WIND and TIM mobile operators in Italy, specifically R7.0 and R7.1 radio optimization features handled from the OSS.
• Troubleshooting and Support during Primary Consolidation phase.
• BSS system SW upgrade and implementation of the UM packages (before R7.0 GA) and AC-A packages after R7.0 GA, as well as BTS SW from the OSS.
• Emergency Customer Support-1st line support at FSC
2000-05 - 2001-09
Ericsson GSM on the Net Integration & Verification Team Leader:
• Technical team leader for implementation, integration, verification and support of GSM on the Net release 1.0/1.1 into the Wind and TIM PLMN/ PSTN networks. The GSM on the Net was a VoIP product based on TCP/IP protocol and H.323 standard utilizing GSM mobility.
• Technical coordination with both Product Development Unit and Wind customer.
• Leader for other test object leaders in the test preparation and execution both in the system test plant and in the production network.
• The product developed on the NT and Unix servers and intended for business users in the enterprises comprised different telecom areas, such as: datacom including VoIP technology on the LAN/WAN (H.323 based payload transfer and signaling, including call routing and services), switching (MAP and ISUP protocols towards the PLMN and DSS1 protocol towards the PBX/PSTN), GSM (MSC/BSC/RBS2000) like functionality for indoor coverage.
• Deeply involved in GSM on the Net troubleshooting, as well as the troubleshooting between the system and PLMN/PSTN network elements (MAP and ISUP protocols towards the Gateway MSC and DSS1 protocol towards the PBX).
2001-05 - 2001-09
GPRS Network Integration & Verification:
A member of the GPRS network verification team performing internal tests and acceptance testing (FOA phase) on Ericsson's CGSN 2.1 release in the test plant for the TIM customer, as well as a live network maintenance work on CGSN 2.0 release
The work involved the following activities:
• Execution of the negative and load & stability tests on the CGSN 2.1 node, both on Mk| and new Mk|| HW (being introduced within FOA phase for 2.1) using an appropriate Ericsson's developed instrumentation (AIMS traffic generator) and protocol analyzer Tektronix K1205. Investigations and trouble-shooting performed on the problems occurred both in the control part (developed in Erlang language) and transmission plane (developed in C language).
• Execution of the mobility and session management features (GPRS Attach & Detach, PDP Context Activation & Deactivation, including radio resource management, location management monitoring and investigating the events and messages on the Gb, Gr and Gd interface) using protocol analyzer Tektronix K1205.
• Maintenance of the live CGSN 2.0 nodes in the TIM network from the EHC (Emergency Handling Center), trouble-shooting and reporting to the PLM organization.
2001-10 - 2003-04
UMTS Core Network Circuit Switching Team Leader:
• Core Network Acceptance Team Leader for Wind customer and for the release approval by the Ministry of Communications of the Italian government (so called "Omolagazione"), release CN2.0, UMTS R2 first Ericsson commercial UMTS layered architecture release. Responsible for test documentation, preparation and execution both in the system test plant and in the production network. The testing was performed on a high (system) level for both CS functions and protocols (external interfaces), such as MAP and RANAP.
• In the CN2.0 project I also took an active part in H3G start-up, first layered MSC-S and MGw split architecture.
For CN 1.5 (UMTS R1) project, the work involved an initial set-up and configuration of Cello Media Gateway and Micropak MSC/VRL/HLR node in the UMTS R1 non-commercial network for the Wind customer with the aim it to evolve eventually in the R2 first commercial release.
My responsibilities included the following:
• MAS (Market Application System) preparation with members of the team using MHS and Plexview tools and a delivery to the TCM for the SW dump building
• DOL (Demonstration Object List) test design and its DI (Demonstration Instructions)
• Supervision of the ASV (Application System Verification) and execution with members of the team in the Test Plant and Customer Reference network (Wind)
• Acceptance Testing technical leader and execution with members of the team in the Test Plant and Customer Reference Network (Wind.)
• Technical coordination with other test leaders responsible for UTRAN, CN PS, RANOS and CN-OSS
• Reporting of the activities to the Supply Project Manager.
• Provided the support for Wind IOT tests with Nokia UTRAN within R2 project.
2003-11 - 2004-09
• BSS R11/UTRAN P2.1.4 Main Delivery Troubleshooter for TIM project. The duties included the problems follow-up occurred during FOA phase of the R11 project, new features impact on the product with emphasizes on EDGE/GPRS, including Air, Abis, Iub and Iu interface and handover GSM-to-UMTS and vice versa. The tools for the troubleshooting are PlexView for the tracing of the SW blocks and protocol analyzers Nethawk and Textronix, as well as TEMS. Inter-working with 3G RNC, RANAP and NBAP protocol analysis.
• A member of the project teams for both Wind (new GSM/EDGE RBS 2207 and Handover U2G2U R10 projects) and TIM FOA BSS R10, as well as FOA TIM BSS R11 ED (Early Delivery Mixed RBS 2000 GPRS/EDGE base stations), responsible for the integration and verification of the new EDGE features (Streaming, Flexible Abis etc ) that are implemented in the field and troubleshooting of the problems occurred during the project cycle and roll-out in the customer network. Trouble-shooting in the customer network. Tools used: TEMS (Air Interface), Nethawk and Textronix protocol analyzers (Abis, Gb and Iu interface), PlexView for tracing the SW blocks in the BSC.
April 1st until August 1st , 2003:
Customer Equipment Division
Borehamwood/Hatfield, London, UK
GSM/GPRS/UMTS Handset IOT Testing, Senior Trouble-shooter:
A member of the T-Mobile UK handset technical team responsible for the testing new and software upgraded mobile phones, smart phones and PDAs, both for GSM/GPRS and WCDMA/UMTS (Blackberry, Siemens SX1, U10; Nokia 6650,3210; Sony Ericsson P800, T610).
• The work involved the handset testing in a live network using different monitoring tools, in the test plant using Tektronix K1205 (monitoring Gb interface) and K1297 protocol analyzers (monitoring Iu interface) and air interface specific testing using Anite SAS network simulation tool. In addition, my work involved writing the test specifications using 3GPP specifications (TS 24.008, 04.60 etc.).
In addition, I was involved in the testing of the applications in the handsets, such as: MMS, WAP, e-mail, Java related etc.
The work was performed in the international teams in cooperation with T-Mobile offices in Europe, especially with headquarters in Germany.
2004-10 - 2006-10
TIM MSS 4.1 FOA I&V project (CN5.0): Lead the Test Plant design and testing of MSS functionalities such as SIGTRAN, MGw Selection, TFO-TrFO; troubleshooting of various problems encountered in the network, both data transcript and software using Plex and protocol analyzers, Textronix and Ethereal, during the Clean Run, ASV and Type Acceptance FOA phases.
Market specific TIM features porting, developing and testing against customer requirements.
CSRs handling and SW troubleshooting of customer mobile networks (Italian operators H3G, TIM, Wind) using SMS/Primus SAP tool, PlexView, protocol analyzers Textronix & NetHawk, TEMS.
• TIM MSC/HLR R11 Troubleshooter for CN 4.0 and GSM MSS 3.0 layered architecture. TIM IOT tests with Siemens GSM RAN.
• Resolving the CSR issues in TIM network (R10 and R9.1);
• R11 MSC/HLR TIM ASV/FOA/PQR project. GSM-UMTS-GSM Handover (functions of anchor and non-anchor MSC, RANAP, MAP/ISUP and BSSAP analysis), Charging analysis, PRBT (Personal Ring Back Tone) feature;
• Tools used: TEMS, Textronix & NetHawk protocol analyzers, PlexView for PLEX/ASA software troubleshooting.
Technical coordinator among various teams involved in the Wind R10 I&V project, such as: Market Feature team, ASV Test team, TCM team, Troubleshooters, Wind Customer Unit Project Manager for Roll-out and Product Manager.
2019-08 - 2019-08
Basingstoke/Hatfield, United Kingdom
Principal Mobile Core Network Consultant, MSS Core Network Design:
T-Mobile UK turn-key MSS 4.1 project based in Hatfield, TMUK HQ. The very first build-out of MSS network in the UK, containing12 MSC-Server nodes and 31 M-MGw nodes over the IP backbone. MSC-Servers are with APZ 21250, while M-MGw nodes are of BC 3003, 3004 and 3024. The activities performed were as follows:
• AXE and Application Parameters settings for the first T-Mobile UK MSS 4.1 reference dump, that is, features activation and the associated parameters for which MGLA and MGLS documents are created.
• Produced and delivered MGw Selection LLD for T-Mobile UK MSS network. It is a MSC-Server feature controlling MGw nodes to make an optimal MGw selection for a given traffic case. All protocols in the mobile telecommunications network are impacted by this feature, including GCP (H.248), RANAP/BSSAP, ISUP, BICC.
• Produced and delivered Site Solutions LLD for the sites across T-Mobile UK MSS 4.1 network.
2007-04 - 2010-09
KPN Mobile B.V.
Design & Architecture Core Networks
The Hague, Netherlands
Principal Mobile Core Network Architect and Solution Design:
• Lead Telfort signaling migration to KPN mobile network by defining the migration steps, amount of the work and resources needed. Telfort mobile network migration and mobile network sharing with KPN, managed by KPN Mobile, signaling migration design involving FNR, MSC and other core network & service network elements. Telfort wholesale ESP subscribers' migration to KPN Ericsson HLR and surrounding affected systems (Tekelec STP Eagle) - Core Network Global Analysis, HLD/LLD for Telfort HLR migration to KPN.
• Impact Analysis and HLD for M2M Jasper Wireless platform integration into KPN mobile network customizing subscriber profiles in Ericsson HLR.
• HLD for Aspider and Lebara MVNOs integration into KPN mobile network.
• RFI/RFQ design for a NextGen HLR (SDM) in KPN mobile network, vendor selection & management, contract negotiations, technical and commercial.
• KPN Mobile Core NGN (MSS Huawei, MSC Ericsson, HLR Ericsson) vendor management.
• Impact Analysis on Ericsson Telfort HLR subscriber profile migration to Ericsson KPN HLR R12.
• Impact Analysis and migration design on the introduction of the next generation of the Voice Mail platform from Ericsson in KPN mobile network. The analysis and design comprised core network elements in KPN mobile network, including Ericsson and Huawei switches and Tekelec STP.
• Impact Analysis on Voice Mail Abroad IN service introduction in KPN mobile network. CAP (CAMEL) and ISUP (Trigger less) based solutions considered.
• Telfort Ericsson GGSN high level migration design to KPN Huawei GGSN and strategy plans, technical project management. Gi, Gn and Gp connections design, including APN migration, DNS synchronization and BG updates.
• KPN-Telfort Provisioning System High Level Design for Mobile Core Network swap project from Ericsson to Huawei and Telfort mobile core network migration. HLD Tekelec (now Oracle) STP Provisioning for G-Port (MNP, Mobile Number Portability), G-Flex (HLR C7 Relay) and V-Flex (Voice Mail Flexible routing) updates for both KPN and Telfort subscribers.
• Impact Analysis on KPN STP Provisioning due to migration of Telfort FNR embedded in Ericsson HLR to KPN FNR deployed in Tekelec STP.
• High Level Design of SMS Interworking service, enabling KPN subscribers to send and receive SMS messages to and from non-roaming parties, vendor selection and management - interconnect to Sybase SMS provider
• SMS and USSD based Mobile Advertising services. Quick Scan and High Level Design around Tekelec STP and SMS Routing system, as well as USSD GW (Interceptor). Participation with SO (Service Operator) in writing and issuing RFI/RFP documents towards suppliers for the selection of the supplier of the SMS Routing system and USSD Interceptor. Vendors contract negotiations.
1988-10 - 1993-01