Checkpoint Senior Architect – (Remote), Published: 08.03.2023
- Published 13 days ago
- Expected start date: ASAP
For an international client that specializes in delivering translation and localization solutions that operates in more than 25 countries around the globe, we are seeking an experienced Checkpoint Senior Architect with more than 5 years of experience and knowledge in configuring Checkpoint Firewalls and IPS devices to do DDoS prevention on both port and application level. This would need to be rolled out to all firewalls including Standard Appliances, Cloudguard Appliances (Azure) and VSX instances (Virtual) as well as configurating appropriate alerting and reporting for DOS events likely using the Monitoring Blade. Proper discovery within their environment would be required to establish baselines and implement these features with appropriate thresholds.
The candidate will be part of a highly skilled Infrastructure team of over 20 members and the project should be starting as soon as possible and will have a duration of 2 months. The candidate needs to have full time availability (8 hours a day) and will most likely require to work during EST (Eastern Standard Time US) hours.
Tasks to be performed:
- Do discovery and enable specific rate limited that is tuned to the company's environment.
- Configure proper monitoring and alerting from Checkpoint logs.
- Define & configure SNMP based monitoring for platform statistics (RAM CPU) with Site 7x24.
- Solarwinds integration for historical data and another tier to get platform alerts.
- Checkpoint specific BGP and GRE tunnel setup to support the rollout of Lumen DDOS Protection.
Full or part-time: Full time
Approx. start date: ASAP
Estimated duration: 2 months
- Quantum Security Gateways.
|Workload||40 Hours/Week , 100% Remote|
|Expected start date||ASAP|
|Expected end date||1 to 3 months|
|Necessary skills||Check Point, DOS, vsx|