Senior Android Engineer
Looking for highly skilled Android engineers that are able to push the boundaries of Android!
As an Android Engineer you will work in a long-lived dedicated team/squad alongside contributors of all disciplines (Backend, Design, iOS, Product, Scientists, QA). You and your team will be responsible for an overall company goal and will work together at defining the roadmap that will lead to the most impact.
Zenly is written mainly in Kotlin with remains of Java but also quite uniquely in Go (we embed a shared library written in Go that deals with stuff like data synchronization, Network transport and cross-os app feature backends like the Chat or the Location pipeline). Our min SDK is 21.
We make extensive usage of RxJava in structural parts of the app like (lifecycle bound tasks, scheduling, multi-threading, reactive UI model, automated tracing) and have a fair number of internal frameworks built on top of it.
Last but not least, we try to push Zenly to the edge of the devices capabilities and had much fun making non traditional heavy UI experiences and animations on Android, sometimes heavily tweaking or going beyond what the system normally provides.
You'll contribute by
- Participating in the elaboration and delivery of your team's roadmap.
- Working closely with our product and design peers to craft the best experience possible for the Android platform.
- Using Zenly UI/UX principles to build industry leading standards (smooth transitions, one-handed interactions)
- Delivering well-architected products with high bar for UX craft and engineering high quality
- Ensuring that what we build works seamlessly on multiple Android devices and in low connectivity areas
- What skills and experience will make you thrive
- Building Android apps in Kotlin/Java + std libs with strong knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Crafting elaborate UI interactions
- Solving UI performance issues
- Dealing with somewhat complex multithreading problems
- Digging in large code bases including Android AOSP and API design
- Extensible software design (plugins architecture, API design, DDD)
Start asap/ fulltime
Fully remote as we are based in Paris
|Charge de travail||40 heures/semaine , 100% remote|
|Début prévu du projet||ASAP|
|Fin prévu du projet||6+ months|
|Compétences nécessaires||Android, ENGINEER, Java & Kotlin, RxJava , Senior|